NORBURY WHARF LIMITED

NORBURY WHARF LIMITED
Shop front in the summer

Tuesday 19 November 2013

Where's the snow?

As I was driving home last night, there were threats of snow forecast, so I was quite surprised when I woke up this morning to clear skies. The temperature must have plummeted in the night, because the boats were all iced over. Apparently there were flurries of snow all around us (Cannock, Brownhills, Chester and Stoke on Trent) so we were quite lucky to miss it. I say "miss it", I like the snow really, but it brings havoc to the country and it isn't any good for our game! Moving boats around in the snow and ice, really is not fun... I hear that there is some definitely on its way over the next 48 hours. We will wait in anticipation! 

Activity has been productive here over the last few days: We have got one of our hire boats on the dock, which is receiving a new stern gear and a coat of bitumen on her bottom. Richard, is progressing well with prepping the boat that we put in the wet dock a few days ago for repainting. And it's that time of year for winter maintenance on the hire fleet.

Due to the winter stoppages nearby at Tyrley and Adderley and on the Staffs and Worcs near to Penkridge the canal is extremely quiet at the moment and passing traffic is virtually non-existent. I know I shouldn't wish my life away, but Christmas and the New Year can't come quick enough now - to see the canal open again. Let's hope that we aren't ice bound then...

Joyce and Ange have been busy in the Chandlery today: doing some rearranging and tidying up.

That's it from me today.

Until next time.

Best regards, David.

No comments:

Post a Comment