NORBURY WHARF LIMITED

NORBURY WHARF LIMITED
Shop front in the summer

Saturday 20 July 2013

I'm back! I've been away for a few days boating with friends on the Grand Union canal down to the IWA's National Waterways Festival which is being held; as I write, in Cassiobury Park. The weather was just fantastic, although a little too hot to cope with at times, especially when we loading in excess of 30 tonnes of prepacked coal on Tuesday morning at Stoke Bruerne.

I had a quick walk round the festival site yesterday before I returned. I saw many familiar faces and if I didn't get chance to have a chat with you I do apologise, but I had to get back to Norbury as we had a Fish and Chip cruise on the trip boat departing at 7pm. Steve picked me up from Stafford station and thankfully Simon had virtually prepared the boat ready for our departure. Will steered for the duration of the trip whilst Alex and I worked the bar, served the Fish and Chips and looked after the full boat load of passengers. We returned to Norbury at about 10.30pm and enjoyed a cool drink sat outside the Junction until about 1am this morning with friends off of the working boats Whitby and Darley.

These Fish and Chip evenings are growing in popularity. We are running every Friday throughout July, August and September departing at 19:00 hours. Booking is essential, but just give the office a call to reserve your space :-)

It's the transport festival in Audlem next weekend, so there are quite a few old boats heading in that direction. It's well worth a visit. I am hoping on having my boat there, but work always takes priority and plans may have to change, but we will see...

It's been a busy day here today. The sun has shone once again, although there has been a slight breeze which has made it feel a bit cooler. We had three day boats out first thing as the hire boats were returning and we have turned five boats round along with Wharf Cottage.

That's it from me today. Until tomorrow.

Best regards, David.

No comments:

Post a Comment