NORBURY WHARF LIMITED

NORBURY WHARF LIMITED
Shop front in the summer

Sunday 14 April 2013

Charlie Atkins

I watched this short clip during the week, which was posted on Facebook and I have just got to share it!

Produced by the BBC and broadcasted on Midlands Today it shows a narrow boat named Mendip that used to deliver chocolate crumb from Knighton on the Shropshire Union to Cadbury's Bourneville factory. It's recently been restored to carrying condition and resides at the Boat Museum at Ellesmere Port.



Well, I hope you enjoyed that! I was actually in Birmingham whilst it was being filmed, on my way to the Black Country Museum for the bi-annual gathering - but they obviously decided they didn't want to film us...

It's been a funny old day here today. The wind was howling when I woke up this morning. The sun has been out a few times, it's rained too but it has mainly been grey and overcast.

Best regards,

David.

No comments:

Post a Comment