NORBURY WHARF LIMITED

NORBURY WHARF LIMITED
Shop front in the summer

Monday 7 May 2012

Blast from the past!

Well its been cold and a bit damp today but it has not dampened our spirits and nor the spirits of many of the visitors to Norbury, it hasn't been as busy as yesterday but none the less its been a good day with plenty on to keep us all going, talking of yesterday I can honestly say that I have never seen it as busy here, we had 5 people working down in the tea room and they could only just about cope with the demand, I even came in yesterday afternoon to help out! For those that don't know its been the canal festival here over the weekend and this year its been much better organised and a much bigger even than in the past, we as the boat yard don't really get involved with the frivolities as to be honest we are busy enough with turning the the boats around and looking after the customers we have.

I was shocked today when a good old friend of mine turned up, its great to see folk that you have spent time with over the years but have lost touch with, however I was even more shocked as I didn't recognise him as he was.................................................................are you waiting for this.......................................................................... dressed as a woman, 'GOOD GOD' I said what are you doing to which he exclaimed "I have come out, I am a transvestite", well to say I was gob smacked was an understatement, its more amazing if you know this chap, he is a big bloke, a superb engineer and for many years he was a ships engineer, always with oily hands, and he is 67 years old, so you can now imagine my surprise when he stood there in his short skirt, stockings, open blouse, earring's, stilettos and rouge lip stick, you could have knocked me over with a feather, none the less it was fantastic to see him or her, well what ever, it bought a smile to my face and everybody at the wharf!

That's it from me for today
Simon

No comments:

Post a Comment