NORBURY WHARF LIMITED

NORBURY WHARF LIMITED
Shop front in the summer

Saturday 17 November 2012

It's time to go boating

One of my friends popped over to give me a hand to extract a bolt that was being troublesome on my own boat after work last night. It's always easier with two people, especially when you are trying to stand on your head, shine a torch, hold the bolt extractor on to the remains of the bolt head and operate the socket wrench. Once we had done the job we went for a quick drink with Denise and her other half Mike along with Mrs. Handbag and her husband in the Junction. I couldn't believe my eyes when we departed in heavy rain. I decided to retire to bed and have an early(-ish) night. There's nothing more therapeutic than listening to the pitter patter of rain on the cabin top as you dose of to sleep.

It's been a nice day today, although it has gone cold again now. I reckon we might even have a frost tonight.

I don't know about the rest of you, but I seem to get withdrawal symptoms if I don't go boating often enough. I would be quite happy to be boating all the time, but unfortunately work does seem to get in the way... So, over the next couple of weeks I'm going to squeeze in having a few days off and I think we will go off to Birmingham to not only visit some of my favourite hostelries but also tie it in with an annual visit to the Frankfurt Christmas Market located in Victoria Square at the top of New Street. It's well worth a visit if you haven't been before. More details can be found here.

Best regards,

David

No comments:

Post a Comment