NORBURY WHARF LIMITED

NORBURY WHARF LIMITED
Shop front in the summer

Saturday 9 February 2013

This and that

Well I am sorry that you haven't had a blog for the last couple of days. I did write one yesterday, honestly, but it didn't seem to post for some reason or another. It did keep flashing up "an error occurred while trying to save or publish your post. Please try again" as I was typing, but I have had that happen before and it has still published. I do apologise!!!

The title of yesterdays blog was Busy, busy, busy and it certainly was. Ange was laughing at me at one point as I had a phone to each ear and was frantically typing on the computer! Ange was busy too with bookings and showing our new member of staff (Lynn) the ropes. Denise was being Denise and was busying herself in the tearoom until she decided to sweep and mop from the office through to the tearoom. She decided to start giggling. Ange and I weren't impressed as we were trying to concentrate, but we soon joined in too - although we didn't even know what we were laughing at.

Quartz returned on Thursday with a great crew aboard. Unfortunately Darna broke her ankle whilst they were away, but she insisted on finishing her holiday before going to the hospital! I think the highlight was watching Simon carry her off the boat... They departed after a hearty breakfast that Denise cooked them. They did ring yesterday to say that she was having surgery in the afternoon and they would keep in touch. Such a great crowd and they assure us they will be back!

We have only got one prime space left in our dry dock before Easter now. Wednesday 20th March to Sunday 24th March. Further details about this service can be found on my last blog entry here. It will be filled on a first come serve basis, so don't miss out, contact me today. We are now taking bookings for the rest of the year too!

I was down in Stoke Bruerne last night and stayed with some friends for the evening. We had an enjoyable evening in the Boat Inn which has been owned by the Woodward family since 1877. I used to spend alot of time there and even lived there for a short period before I came to Norbury. When the day comes that I move onto the bank, then Stoke is the place that I think I would like to be. Northamptonshire is a fine county with it's sandstone buildings and open rolling countryside. Oh... and I forgot the Grand Junction or rather Grand Union Canal!

It has been a damp old day here today, although I think we had a lucky escape as it was snowing as I drove back up the M1 and M6 this morning! 

Both Phantom and Phoenix have been collected by their occupants this afternoon. Our regular customers; Wilf and Maggie, are out of Phoenix for the next six weeks. I hope that they have a fantastic time and come back with plenty of stories to tell. 

There are also new occupants in Wharf Cottage today. It really is a great place to get away from the rat-race, sit back in the warmth of the open plan living room with the fire roaring up the chimney. It is such a unique cottage with its "upside down" configuration. The bedrooms, bathroom and washroom are on the ground floor along with a large utility room and the living room and kitchen are above giving excellent views of the Shropshire Union Canal from the large picture window and the open countryside across the Norbury estate from the balcony on the opposite side of the building. It is available weekly and you can find further details here. We even do Bed and Breakfast when the cottage isn't booked out!

Mick (Mr. Handbag) has applied the final coat of blacking to Dawnstar which we have recently sold on brokerage. He has then been doing some painting and other works on Python. Simon has serviced the engine on Victory whilst Mick has recommissioned Phantom and Phoenix and showed them out. Denise has been chained the cooker all day (not literally!) and Ange has checked the cleaning on the boats and Wharf Cottage and doing her normal day-to-day jobs.

Our Ebay shop is still doing well, don't forget to have a look here. More listings are posted on a daily basis (when we get the time!).

That's it from me today.

Best regards,

David.


No comments:

Post a Comment