NORBURY WHARF LIMITED

NORBURY WHARF LIMITED
Shop front in the summer

Thursday 14 February 2013

What a difference a day makes? Today has been completely opposite to yesterday. The snow has gone and the temperatures have increased to 10°C plus. We even enjoyed our morning break sat outside the tearoom enjoying the sunshine.

Following on from a post a week or so ago when I published the picture below, one of our regular hirers; Hugo, sent me an email and some pictures.


Hugo hired Sir Edmund Hillary from Shropshire Union Cruisers in 1980 and sent me the following two pictures.



Adderley is my favourite flight of locks on the whole canal system. It's such a picturesque flight. I particularly love going down in the spring, when you can quite often find lambs on the lockside at the second lock - they can squeeze through the fence and the lovely daffodils are in bloom. I always end up with a glass full of daffs sat by the water can on the cabin top!

I've got a busy night ahead... So until tomorrow.

Regards,

David

No comments:

Post a Comment