NORBURY WHARF LIMITED

NORBURY WHARF LIMITED
Shop front in the summer

Tuesday 6 March 2012

Filters filters filters

The blog today is partly inspired by Shane and Timothy Spalls latest program about their journey around the coast of Gt Britain and my own experiences, whilst watching their excellent program last night I was reminded of a problem that I encountered last year whilst I was coming in to Portsmouth on my own boat, the Spalls also had the same problem while coming in to Whitby,This problem is becoming more and more frequent and it's affecting all of us boaters, dirty filters, with the quality of fuel getting worse and the proliferation of the fuel bug it is a very important part of our boating routine, IT IS A FREQUENT MISCONCEPTION that because an engine has done very few hours since last year or its last service that everything will be fine and there is no need to change the fuel filter, well you could not be further from the truth, it is imperative that after the boats winter hibernation That a fuel filter or filters are replaced, there will be a certain amount of sediment in your fuel tank and also your fuel will have sat stagnant in your tank for several months, if you have used plenty of fuel additives then it will help to reduce the problem of dirty filters but if you don't treat you fuel then the chances are your filters are already partially blocked! Don't get caught out like me and many others at the start of this years boating season, GET YOUR FILTERS CHANGED or have an engine service, remember, look after your engine and it will look after you.

Its been a miserable day here today, it was raining on my way in to work and it has been cold and damp all day, the sun did put in an appearance but not for long, we even had a horizontal hail storm at one point! Needles to say not much has been done out side today, Steve called it a day just after lunch and that only left Fred and Bernard outside moving boats and docking, the shop has been busy all day and I have been rushed off my feet all day, I have not stopped and I am now ready for a nice pint later, so that's it from me for today.
Good evening
Simon

No comments:

Post a Comment