NORBURY WHARF LIMITED

NORBURY WHARF LIMITED
Shop front in the summer

Saturday 3 March 2012

Where do the days go?

It was a cool morning when I took Annie out for a walk before I came to work. I must admit that I wished I had put a jacket on, but you learn by your mistakes! It has remained cooler and mainly overcast today with a couple of rain showers although we did have an hour or so of sunshine about midday which picked the temperature up slightly.

I can’t believe where the days go to, it only seems five minutes ago that I was sat here concocting a blog entry last weekend. My days off seem to pass even quicker and this week I managed to have an entertaining day on Tuesday. Simon’s Uncles have just purchased a boat which is now moored with us here at Norbury. Their experience is somewhat limited, so I agreed to have a day out with them to show them how to go on. They soon got the hang of steering and we travelled south to High Onn where we winded and headed back to Gnosall for lunch. I hadn’t frequented the Boat Inn for some years, so we decided to try it out for a spot of lunch. I must say that my Spanish style chicken served with a fresh salad and chips was delicious and a couple of pints of well kept Marston’s Pedigree went down a treat. After this we made our way back to Norbury and put the boat on her new mooring on our main line moorings and enjoyed a cup of coffee and a slice of homemade cake in our Tearoom. The next outing will be to Market Drayton so that I can show them how to operate locks – watch out for the next instalment. I am sure that many of you will see them out and about over the summer months and enjoy the cabaret!

Mick has had his head down all day today on a private boat that we are doing some work on. Fred has turned some boats around, blacked the boat on the dock and been doing some odd jobs around the yard. Simon has done a turnaround, showed a boat out and has been doing some welding work on the boat that we have got on the dock. Matt has also been in today to catch up with the painting of our new dayboat, Bounty. He’s making some good headway now, so I will try and get you some pictures tomorrow.

I hope you all have a good evening and I will speak with you all again tomorrow.

Best regards,

David.

No comments:

Post a Comment