NORBURY WHARF LIMITED

NORBURY WHARF LIMITED
Shop front in the summer

Sunday 14 October 2012

As we wandered home from the pub last night, there was a definite chill in the air. When I got up this morning to take Annie out I flung the cratch cover back and it was as stiff as a board. There was a good layer of ice on the top of the boats and a good frost hanging from the trees. The sun was rising behind the thick fog. It was one of those mornings that are deadly quiet and it seems as though you could hear a pin drop.

Anyway, you guessed it... I'm back... I've actually been back since Tuesday and at work since Thursday, but I've been lying low!!! We had a great trip from Blowers Green, to the River Lee with my friends two boats. We left Birmingham's famous Gas Street basin and were tied up at Ponders End just five nights later, taking sixty hours. Overnight stops included The Cape, Stoke Bruerne, Cowroast and Cowley. That's not a bad bit of boating if I do say so myself. It's a great time of the year at the moment to be out boating, as the canals are quiet and you only get the real enthusiasts out and about (including intrepid hire boaters). It was great to catch up with many old friends along the way. I've got a few stories to tell, but I'll leave them for another day!

It's been a busy day here at times today. Mick and Steve undocked Ange's boat this morning and docked a private boat whilst I saw to the dayboat. Ange has been looking after the shop, Joyce and Denise have been busy in the tearoom. Steve has been doing some remedial works to one of the boats that we have got for sale and Mick has been fitting a standalone diesel stove to a customers boat.

That's it from me today.

Best regards,

David.

No comments:

Post a Comment