NORBURY WHARF LIMITED

NORBURY WHARF LIMITED
Shop front in the summer

Sunday 21 October 2012

I'm sorry that I didn't blog yesterday, but I am afraid that we didn't have an internet connection for the majority of the day. I tried everything possible to make it work, but I was unsuccessful! I hate to not succeed, so I went home like a bear with a sore head... I came in this morning determined to fix it. Following several phone calls to the internet service provider and swapping between routers, a lot of head scratching and losing my temper it started to work... Let's hope that it stays that way. Fingers crossed...

You really don't realise how much you rely on the internet, especially as our booking system is internet based and the PDQ machine connects through the internet. Of course then there are emails etc. and prices that are all internet based. It's seems to take an age to rectify a fault with the computers/network when they arise, but it's a good job done. Simon will think we haven't done anything when he comes in tomorrow! It's a good job that I have got broad shoulders!

It was extremely foggy here this morning, but when that cleared about 11am it turned into a spectacular day. The sun has been out and it has been lovely and warm - just like a summers day, but I reckon it will go cold tonight as there isn't a cloud in the sky!

Mick's been completing some jobs on private boats today and fitted a new cooker to Ange's boat. We had to have Ange's dog Dylan in the office with us when Mick was on the boat. He isn't used to alot of people being around, so Ange had to put his fabric muzzle on, just in case he got anxious and snapped at one of us, but he was fine and is welcome again!

 Steve's been turning boats around and moved boats around in the basin and yard. Joyce has been busy in the tearoom, assisted by Denise when it's been busy, who has been cleaning boats ready for next weekend during the quieter periods. Ange has been keeping her eye on the shop and catching up on paperwork.

That's it from me today. Simon's back tomorrow and I am sure he will keep you up-to-date with whats occurring.

Best regards,

David.


No comments:

Post a Comment