NORBURY WHARF LIMITED

NORBURY WHARF LIMITED
Shop front in the summer

Saturday 5 January 2013

Today's been another Spring like day with temperatures around 11°C. The sun has been out today, and believe it or not there was even a little bit of heat in it, which I decided to sit outside and appreciate whilst I was drinking my morning cup of tea. The improvement in the weather over the last few days has confused the ducks who appear to be pairing up. There's been some very loud quacks and a lot of splashing about in the basin when to drakes decided to fight over one female. We've even got a Primrose in flower in the rockery. I reckon we are all getting lulled into a false sense of security though. I'm quite sure we will still have a cold snap before Spring arrives, although I hope it is only short...

I don't know where the day has gone today. I've been in and out of the office all day looking a jobs and sorting bits and pieces out. When I sit down at the end of the day, I sometimes can't even describe what I have done in the day, but I'm exhausted! Fred has been working on Solace in the dock. He has blacked her round today, painted her counter bands and gunnel sides. When we float her off in the morning Steve will give the gunnel tops a coat of matt black and then she will be all ready for the season. Oh... and I've still got the name to put on her...

Steve has been busy in the Wet dock putting the finishing touches to Phantasy whilst Mick has been doing gas work. Simon has virtually finished the engine service on Wolverly although I have had to order some replacement seals for the gearbox.

I was dancing with joy earlier when Ange found my box of PRM spares that I had lost earlier last year. I hunted high and low for them, but just couldn't put my hands on them. Ange found them at the back of one of the cupboards in an office that we no longer use. Heaven knows how they got there!

Denise has had a steady flow of customers in the tearoom today. Ange has manned the shop and the office and has been keeping on top of the bookings that are coming in for the hirer boats. The February half term seems to be booking well and we have only got eleven or so weeks left until Easter when we should be in full swing.

Mrs. Handbag has been plodding on with cleaning. She has finished Phoebe off and made good progress at cleaning the cottage.

That's everything for today.

Regards,

David.

No comments:

Post a Comment