NORBURY WHARF LIMITED

NORBURY WHARF LIMITED
Shop front in the summer

Saturday 28 May 2011

Another Windy day

Well I am back, after having just returned from my weeks holiday down on my boat and the weather down in the south has been just as bad as here at Norbury, the wind will not stop blowing and today is no exception, at least it isn't raining, despite the poor weather I had a lovely time and I could have stayed down there for another week, You soon get back in to the swing of things and it relaxing on the back of my boat is now a dim distant memory! But here is just one picture showing how different my sort of boating is compared to the narrow boating.

Today has been a very busy day we have had a motor home go out,the holiday cottage, 3 shared boats, 7 hire boats and 2 day boats so plenty to keep everyone busy, it has been all hands to the pumps today to get everything sorted and everyone has worked hard to get all the boats ready for the holiday makers, lets just hope that the weather for them is a bit kinder than it has been this last week, Billy has gone to do the Crick show as David mentioned, that has left us a show around person down so David has stepped in and has had to dust off his show around skills and give instruction to some of the new holiday makers on how to safely operate the boats, he has also been in the dry dock and done some painting as well as overseeing all the jobs on the hire fleet, I think he will deserve a pint later, as well as sorting out the hire fleet etc we have also had to attend a breakdown on a private boat in Market Drayton, black a boat, carry on with the new steel cabin, see lots of customers looking at brokerage boats, so all in all a busy day and I think I made the right decision to return to work today and not on Monday as I was originally going to.

That's about it from me today, I might post tomorrow or it might be David, it just depends on who is the quietest, I hope you have a good evening.
Simon

No comments:

Post a Comment