NORBURY WHARF LIMITED

NORBURY WHARF LIMITED
Shop front in the summer

Saturday 14 May 2011

Back in at the deep end!

I know Simon isn’t going to believe me, but I couldn’t blog yesterday due to a problem with the hosting site – Ange will back me up on that though! So, I do apologise for it…

I flew out to Spain on Tuesday 3rd May, to surprise my Mum for her birthday. I had a fantastic time over there and was joined by my Nan, Sister, Aunt and Uncle for part of the time. I arrived back in the UK on Thursday and got straight back to work yesterday morning.

We had a good day at work yesterday, although my head was spinning when I went home. It does take a while to get back into the swing of things and catch up on what has been occurring during the period I was away, especially as I get used to having a siesta in Spain – I’ll have to talk to Simon about implementing that here!

We certainly seem to have been on a roll with boat sales at the moment. We have completed on one of the boats that we have got out on the bank and we have taken a deposit on Hester. I’ve got a couple more customers coming to see me tomorrow who are interested in some of the other boats that we have got for sale.

It’s been a busy day here today as well. The dayboats departed about 9am this morning. We’ve turned eight boats around, one of the motor homes and the holiday cottage. That’s kept everyone busy. Bernard and Graham have been through the fleet checking the engines over and doing two services. Billy and Ralph have done the internals and then shown the boats out this afternoon. Fred has been doing his normal duties, although the traffic seems to have picked up on the canal and we had boats queing for pumpouts/diesel this morning, four deep, which did put him slightly behind schedule. He is off for a “well earned” break now until Tuesday 24th May.

Mick has been making a new cratch board for the boat that Lee is painting in the dock and was last seen heading to a breakdown on a private boat at Goldstone!

Both dayboats have been collected and have departed heading for Knighton. They are being used tomorrow as part of a corporate event that the Premier Foods factory are hosting.

Well that’s it from me today. I’m going to get the websites and advertising up-to-date tomorrow – so I’ll spend the day in front of the computer!

Until tomorrow.

Best regards,

David

No comments:

Post a Comment