NORBURY WHARF LIMITED

NORBURY WHARF LIMITED
Shop front in the summer

Thursday 12 May 2011

My weekend has arrived

Yeah at last my long weekend has arrived, I'm off down to Southampton to take delivery of my new boat, well its new to me, so I am having a sort of bus mans holiday, I think that once boating gets under your skin you can never truly leave it alone, its a bit like a drug, its just a shame the NHS don't pay for it!

The weather has been a bit of a mixed bag again today, the wind has kept on blowing all day but the sun has put in an appearance between the odd bit of rain, all in all not a bad day,Both day boats went out first thing this morning, in fact one of the customers was here even before the rest of the staff,I think he was a bit keen, plenty of boats around today, a few on the wharf for services and bits and bobs, one of the hire boats came back early which gives us the chance to get that sorted before the weekend, that's one less for them to turnaround on Saturday, Bernard has been busy in the dry dock, sorting out a greasy stern tube and a broken heat exchanger, Fred has been blacking, painting and washing boats off, Ralph has been concreting and weeding while Graham has been sorting out the hire boats,the day boats returned without issue and everyone seemed to have had a good day, one of the boaters is now enjoying a night in our holiday cottage for his 40th birthday.

That's about it from me now, David will keep you up to speed over the weekend.

Simon

No comments:

Post a Comment