NORBURY WHARF LIMITED

NORBURY WHARF LIMITED
Shop front in the summer

Monday 9 January 2012

Global warming!

They blame it on global warming! Is that the case or is it just one of those things? I don't know, all I do know is that this weather is most peculiar, January and the temperatures are in double figures, the birds are also confused, the plants are confused, so I am not alone, over the weekend Saw me in Stratford upon Avon and Birmingham, the weather their was Good and yesterday I had my breakfast outside sat by the old stop lock in Gas Street in Birmingham, the sun was shining as I sat there without a coat on drinking my cuppa tea, anyone that knows me well will tell you that I always feel the cold, it is a rarity to see me with out a jacket at this time of the year, I hope that the winter is behind us now and that we are not in for any nasty surprises! One can hope.

It has been a very busy day today, I don't know where the hours go, I caught up on emails, a few calls and some paperwork first thing, then we offloaded the trailers load of scrap and rubbish, nipped to the bank and then I had to go and look at a couple of boats that are coming in to be sold on brokerage, that's was my day done and sorted, David has been busy all day with loading the day boat with materials for Steve who is nearly finished with the decking on the moorings, just about 60 tonnes of Stone to lay down and that will be 99% done on the moorings, David has been working on the computer as well as taking photos of boats that we are currently about to market, he even helped Joyce out in the Tea room when she had a bit of a rush on at lunch time, I don't think a pinny suits him though! Matt has been painting in the dry dock, I bet he will be glad to be back in the wet dock tomorrow as it is a dam site warmer in there, Mick has been doing gas tests again all day as well as repairing several gas appliances that were in need of some attention and that leaves Graham who has been down in the dry dock fitting a new rudder end and bottom bearing, a set of anodes as well as straightening the rudder support (skeg) on a shared owned boat, they do take a severe battering below the waterline and do need looking after, that's why they are dry docked each winter, the same as out hire fleet! That's the trouble with boats they do need regular maintenance!



That's it from me for today
Simon

No comments:

Post a Comment