NORBURY WHARF LIMITED

NORBURY WHARF LIMITED
Shop front in the summer

Tuesday 12 June 2012

Loverly day

I have to smile when I see Denise as she has a really 'curly' accent, for those who don't know Denise she looks after the tea room on a Monday and a Tuesday, she looks after the gardens, she cleans the boats and generally makes us all laugh, but she is from deep down in Gloucester and she has such a loverly curly accent, every time she sees me she says "ow yer doin me lover" and I retort with something similar, I can honestly say that she really makes me smile and everyone here laugh.

Its been manic again today,we have been sooo busy, the wharf has been non stop all day, that busy in fact that we have run out of diesel this afternoon, that's two deliveries in less than a week, don't panic though as we will have a fresh delivery in first thing in the morning, and if it keeps going like this then we will have another delivery in later on this week.

We had two day boats out today, and they both returned without incident, Simon has been on a Private job first thing this morning and then welding a bottom plate on a boat in the dry dock this afternoon, Fred has been busy with the wharf today and has been blacking, pumping the hire fleet out and generally being nice, very unusual for Fred, he hasn't been a pain, Matt has been preparing a boat in the dock for top side painting, Steve has been working on the moorings and will be for some time yet, they are looking great, I know I said that they were finished but we have decided to do a little bit more on some more land that we have.

We have been really lucky with the weather this last few days, while the whole country has been suffering with torrential rain we have had sun sun and more sun, I had to go down to Tardebigge and stratford yesterday and once I got to West Bromwich on the M5 the heavens opened and it carried on raining until I hit The Belfery area on the M6 Toll road, so as I said we are lucky!

That's it from me for tonight, a quick pint on the way home

No comments:

Post a Comment