NORBURY WHARF LIMITED

NORBURY WHARF LIMITED
Shop front in the summer

Sunday 17 April 2011

17/04/2011

I know, I know, I promised pictures today, but unfortunately I haven’t had the time today to do so. That’s a good thing on my part, although not for you! It’s meant that we have been busy today. In actual fact, we have been very busy J. Jay and Joyce have done a sterling job in the tea room keeping all the customers fed, watered and satisfied whilst Lorraine has been flitting between the reception and covering in the tearoom.

The canal has certainly come to life today, I don’t know if that’s just because the sun has been out or people have decided to start using their boats after the long winter, but we have had boats pulling in on the wharf for diesel, coal, gas, pumpouts and other services throughout the afternoon. That used to be my job when I came here six years ago, although I still get to do a few these days. It’s an enjoyable job really, chatting with the customers and discussing routes etc.

Mick and Ralph have undocked the boat that was on the dock and docked another private boat. Whilst Ralph was pressure washing, Mick has been out on a couple of breakdowns and has also been servicing Sue (sorry, I meant to say Sue’s Alde boiler!)

Once again, I’m sorry that there are no pictures. I’ll try and get some tomorrow for Simon to post, or if I am kind to him I’ll put a guest appearance in on the blog tomorrow.

Until then.

David

No comments:

Post a Comment