NORBURY WHARF LIMITED

NORBURY WHARF LIMITED
Shop front in the summer

Wednesday 13 April 2011

Dull old day

What a contrast to the rest of the week, woke up this morning to a dull cold morning, what a shame as it was looking so promising over the weekend and yesterday! Lets keep our fingers crossed for this weekend; I had done the blog early yesterday but stayed behind last night just to tidy up some loose ends, well I am so glad that I did as I sold a boat! Another early start for me today as we are short on staff again so I thought I would get in early, open the place up and sort out all the usual emails before the staff roll up and start giving me grief! Only kidding Fred if you are reading this.


On arriving at work this morning I was surprised to see that every visitor mooring in Norbury was jam packed full, there were even four boats abreast out side of the pub, but it did start off quiet this morning, Owl left first thing with its happy customers on board, this was the boat that was serviced yesterday, I took it out of the basin just to see how the engine performed, it sounded and performed very well indeed;Fred and Rob went and filled the dock and flooded off 'Cobweb, that was on for blacking etc, Bernard, Fred and Rob have put 'KBO' on for pressure washing and blacking and Fred has spent the rest of the morning pressure washing the hull sides ready to take its first coat of Intertuff tomorrow, Bernard has been up to a boat at Goldstone to fit a new coupling on to a boat, Rob has been repairing a broken exhaust and a diesel leak on the day boat, welding anodes, bow thruster guard and rudder bearing,Jay and Lorraine have been kept busy with a steady flow of customers all day and Lee has been applying paint again all day in the wet dock.

We have certainly seen a steady stream of boats through Norbury today, Wednesday is usually a busier day as it is half way through the week and about half way around the Four Counties ring for people out cruising, given that there has been plenty of boats around nothing really exciting has happened today, so that's it from me today, I cant be late tonight as I have promised my nearest and dearest a meal out tonight to celebrate her new job.

Regards Simon

No comments:

Post a Comment