NORBURY WHARF LIMITED

NORBURY WHARF LIMITED
Shop front in the summer

Friday 24 August 2012

canal would be faster

I had the misfortune of having to drive down to Gloucester today, I say that as it involved using the M5 and M6 which was so slow that I reckon that using the canal would have been quicker, it does make me wonder if in the future the canal could actually be faster to move goods around, If you think about it, if the goods were non essential then they could sort of stay in transit for quite some while, a bit like a floating warehouse where the goods get there eventually, its a nice though but I cant see it happening.

Thanks to Graham for an excellent reply to my blog yesterday, it has given me lots to think about and there was a lot of great ideas to consider, watch this space as I dredge up some of the funny stories from my past boating history, like the time that I gave mouth to mouth resuscitation to a infant squirrel that had fallen in to the canal from a tree, it didn't have the desired effect and as its little eyes were shutting, I gave it some rum, that sparked a little bit of life in to it, the poor thing was a bit cold so I popped it in the back cabin range, I think that saw it off as when I took it out of the oven it was as stiff as a board! I could tell you about the monk jack dear that I tried to save, but I will leave that for another day.

Its been a busy one today so they tell me, I have only just arrived back at base and all of the boats that had returned this morning have all gone out of the basin and the day boats are all tied up so things must have gone fine in my absence, to be fair things usually do.

I hope you all have a cracking bank holiday weekend, I know David and or Ange will keep up with the blog over the weekend.
Simon

No comments:

Post a Comment