NORBURY WHARF LIMITED

NORBURY WHARF LIMITED
Shop front in the summer

Saturday 15 October 2011

Unusual...

I was glad that I lit a fire last night. There was a definite chill in the air and whilst driving to Norbury the car was reading just 3°C. Although it has remained cool most of the day it has been very pleasant with the sun shining.

Simon was in for a few hours today - yes I know it's unusual for him to be here at the weekend, but he had a meeting to attend. It was the AGM for one of the shared owned boats we operate and they asked for either Simon or myself to attend, so I dragged him into work as I was too busy!

Talking of unusual. The level has been off by about 2 inches here today. I know that the levels on the cut can vary, but it is strange for this pound to differ at all. The reason being is that the Shropshire Union is predominantly fed from the water treatment plant in Wolverhampton. I did notice on Tuesday that there wasn't anything coming from the feed at Cut End, I would imagine that Waterways are sending it down the Staff's and Worcester. Let's hope the level picks up again soon as a few boats have had problems winding in the basin - you wouldn't believe it was only dredged two years ago!

Today is the first Saturday this year that we haven't had a boat go out, well tell a lie we have turned round one shared boat, but non of our hire boats have been turned around.

I have received the proof of the hire boat brochure that I have been working on and sent it back to the printers. We should receive copy by the end of next week - so if any of you would like to receive our 2012 brochure, please don't hesitate to send us an email request (bookings@norburyhire.co.uk) and we shall pop one in the post for you.

Best regards,

David

No comments:

Post a Comment